Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother and Son

     One of these days, my son told me, in one of those moments of childish/juvenile impatience: “You’re the only person in the world”, he emphasized, “that is like that.”
    “How come?”, I asked him, surprised.
    “Like that”, he muttered in a critical tone. “Joyful, happy, cheerful, full of enthusiasm… I don’t know”.
    He could’ve called me “goofy”!
    I couldn’t help it and laughed, because it was really hilarious. But I thought to myself: “It’s so good that   I’m capable of transmitting to my son the image of the happy, jovial, care-free, optimistic person that I try hard to be, despite all my problems, fears, and worries.”
     Then I answered in the same mocking tone he has just used:

    “It’s great that among billions of people, you have by your side precisely the only person that is like that!”











Shining light and meaning of our lives.
 Overjoy is what he makes us feel.
  Never forget to show and say
                   how much you love yours.


Happy Mother's Day!




0 comments:

Post a Comment